Thursday, May 6, 2004

There is a fable about a meeting that took place in hell.

Satan gathered his demons and asked them, “What can we do to prevent the message from going out? What shall we tell people?”

One worker raised his hand and said, “I will go up and tell them that there never was a Christ.”

The devil shouted at him, “You’ve got to be crazy! There’s more historical evidence for Christ than for Herod!”

Another worker said, “I will tell them that Christ never rose from the dead.” But Satan said, “Then why were his disciples so transformed?”

The meeting got very quiet.

Finally one of them said, “All right, I have a plan. I’ll tell them there really is a bible, and it’s true.

I’ll tell them there really is a Christ, and He’s powerful.

I’ll tell them that Christ is coming again to judge the world. He really is coming.

But I will tell them this:

They don’t have to worry about it yet. There is plenty of time!

And Satan exclaimed, "That’s the plan. That will succeed"

No comments:

Post a Comment