Hebrews 12:1-4
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight,
and the sin which so easily ensnares us,
and let us run with endurance the race
that is set before us,
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith,
who for the joy set before Him endured the cross,
dispising the shame,
and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God
For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself,
lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls
You have not resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin
----------
what a week
important lesson in the midst of my illness
Early last week, I guess it was a week where I thought that I had everything in my control
feeling fully prepared to lead worship early in the week way before the weekend,
taking responsibility to ensure I stay in good health etc
U can say I was on it
but when the weekend came
God took over the drivers seat, I was quite thrown off to what to expect next but I was reminded that:
hey, why was i driving in the first place? shouldn't He be driving?
I seem to have planned ahead of God's plan and that may not be the wisest
i thank God that He has made use of my illness to force me to literally rely on the simplicity of matters
which, when I come to think, may be fundamentals of reliance on Him that He wants me to see
Letting God be God
He leads, I follow
such an important lesson
Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment