the earthquake in China really shook many and I am convinced that God is trying to say something to us
Even as I read the newspaper on reports on how many have tried to explain the recent events, one thing is very clear - God is God, His ways are higher
Curious, I am attempting to find more info about communism in China and how it relates to God's plans for the country
I stumbled on this article and it talks about how Christianity struggled to make an impact in China as it seems to the Chinese that they have to forsake their 5000 years of history to follow Christ
and this article cites this
"Evidently, to separate China and her 5000-year history from God's control is not the intention of the Bible. However, the notion of separation has produced obstacle after obstacle along the road to the spread of the gospel in China."
This made me think hard
as I relate this to my life
I think we need to constantly ask, "are we willing to give God the control?"
The very fact that we try so hard to maintain that control and self worth and by trying to justify the good and values of our actions, at times, may be the very thing that hinders us from the intimacy with God
when it becomes all about - us
Undoubtedly, a Chinese person who has become a Christian is still Chinese, but he is a newborn Chinese, a Chinese, who is enlightened about China's past, present and future in perspective and who has a new awareness of his new mission. Being such a Chinese, I should not, and dare not conceal what God has let me see. Except for the love and righteousness of God and His light of life, nothing in this world can disperse the shadow of hatred, bitterness and death, which has been overshadowing the Chinese people as long as three thousand years. This awareness, which surpasses all the principles of political factions and theological denominations, comes from the call of love from the Cross, the Cross produced by Pilate and the high priest.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment