
I remember the days where I first started running "properly" in NDU
it was really painful, the side stomach stitches
the perspiration and fatigue
the one I remember quite vividly is my 2.4km route around the camp grounds
We have to complete 3 and 3/4 rounds
For every 200 metres, I would fix my eyes on a particular tree, building or structure
there's this coconut tree at the entrance
despite the pain and all
I would keep telling myself
"I will reach that tree"
"It will be an achievement"
"Lord, help me admire this tree that I will forget the pain"
well,
it may seem stupid or dumb
but it does work
from a 13min 2.4 timing to 8min50s in a year
focusing on the little victories in life is a step forward to greater successes that God has in stored for us
the active conversations with God or small talk is so lacking in my life I realised
we love all the chill sessions with our friends but we don't really come before God as a friend
our image of God is often limited to the miraculous or the "high and lofty one"
I'm reminded this morning to talk to God as a friend
and ya,
God speaks to me most clearly when I am down on my knees scrubbing my toilet
no joke
No comments:
Post a Comment