"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;" Phi 2:12
I was reading newspaper to get to sleep (yep, reading makes me sleepy)
and the pages on ms Lo's funeral service caught my eye
as I read
I can't help but was gripped with fear
I know it sounds stupid
but the thought I had was
"If my heart were to stop beating this moment, where would I be?"
and then I thought of the people close to me
and my family & friends
it's really scary
not death
but eternal separation from God
I've got to admit and say this,
the busyness of our lives has buried the fear of the Lord way too deep
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment