Friday, February 13, 2009

valentine's day

flowers, chocolates, presents etc
it's everywhere around campus these 2 days
it's really lovely seeing how much people look forward to bringing that smile on their loved ones faces

a thought came to me:

we spend so much time, money and effort in our relationships with people
so if we say that God is our first love and the greatest love ever

why is it that?
- we walk into church with our grim faces
- striding in late sometimes
- mumbling through some songs,
- being reminded through a sermon
- and maybe, stirred to a response
- thinking "well, that feels good"
- and then end of service,
- "thank you God, that was great. I will do better next time"

often I have to ask myself,
has my love towards God dwindled that much that it pales in comparison to my relationships with people?

how much more, or less, is our adoration and affection towards him?

I remember reading it somewhere
"If you do not enjoy spending time and worshipping God while on this earth, what makes you think that you will enjoy doing so for eternity?"

I pray that this valentine's day
we will all be reminded of our perfect Groom - who's very much alive and showering us with love beyond measure

His name is Jesus

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment