Friday, April 3, 2009

I was extremely exhausted yesterday

having slept only 3 hours the previous night as I was finishing up my lesson plan
Been up since 5am for school
had a formal observation, plus a couple more periods of normal teaching
then down to CCK stadium for sports heats from 2 to 5

as I was leaving the school,
my mind was clogging up with excuses to not head down to prayer meeting
city hall? tired?

made a phone call back home and told ivy that I won't be home for dinner
I'm glad I did

one thing that bishop Henry shared which stuck with me is the story of the 5 loaves and 2 fishes
called to serve God and serve His people
God doesn't short change us
and an abundant blessing awaits those who choose to obey


-Morning devotion-

John 8:31-34
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?”
Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.


many a time, we are like the Jews who believed Jesus
it's as though we say "We are christians, and have been nice and done nothing extremely hideous and go to church regularly. Jesus, are you saying we are 'not to the mark'?"

Jesus' answered, in dealing with sin
in dealing with the people's perception and testimony of what they have done,
rather than what God has done

God, teach me to abide in Your word
abide in the love that You have for me

No comments:

Post a Comment